If you want to know how to stream VLC content to your Samsung Smart TV, then this post is for you. The VLC media player is a popular free media player that allows you to stream your videos from your device to TV and this player is easy to use.
This Media Player can also be used on Android TV to play all types of audios and watch different videos. It can also be used on Smart TVs like Samsung, LG, Sony, etc. that runs on the Android system. This player also works on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android devices.
Is VLC Supported on Samsung Smart TV
VLC is supported on smartphones and desktops, and a few Smart TVs operated by Android tv OS also supports it. But the media player is not yet supported on the Smart Hub of Samsung Smart TVs due to some reasons. Hence, if you want to stream VLC on Samsung TV, you will need the help of an external streaming device.
Can I stream VLC to Samsung TV
Indeed, the VLC player is not yet available on Samsung Smart TVs. But despite that, you can stream VLC to your Samsung TV. To do this, you need to connect and use external streaming devices to stream the VLC player on your Samsung TV. And this can be done through Chromecast or Airplay.
Stream VLC Content to Samsung Smart TV Through Airplay – Steps
This step is for Smart TVs that are compatible with the Airplay 2 functionality. To find out if your Samsung TV is compatible with Airplay, you will have to visit this Apple support page. To stream VLC through Airplay, follow the laid-down steps.
- First, ensure Airplay is enabled on your Samsung TV and confirm that it is connected to the same network as your Phone.
- Next, launch the VLC media player on your iPhone.
- And play your desired video.
- When the video starts playing on your device, click on the AirPlay icon on the media player.
- Ensure you choose your Samsung TV.
- After choosing your TV, enter the code displayed on your TV.
- The selected video will then play on your TV.
Following the steps above will enable you to stream VLC content to your Samsung TV through the aid of Airplay.
Stream VLC Content to Samsung Smart TV Through Chromecast – Steps
Most of the Samsung TVs you will come across have Chromecast technology built-in already to enable users to cast media content from Android and iPhone respectively. But the VLC player also has Google Cast functionality which implies that you can cast it directly without using the Google Home app. To stream VLC through Chromecast, follow the steps below.
- First, put on your Samsung TV, then connect it to WiFi.
- Next, connect your Smartphone to WiFi, but it has to be the same WiFi network as your TV.
- Then, you launch the VLC media player on your phone.
- Next, click on the Cast icon. It is at the top right corner of the media player.
- From the nearby devices list, select your Samsung Smart TV name and then wait till the VLC logo appears on your TV.
- Then you play the content you want and watch it on your TV.
These steps will enable you to stream VLC content to your Samsung TV through the aid of Chromecast.